IMPROVING OUR SCHOOLS
Randy Abreu is a product of the New York City Public School system, graduating from P.S. 91 and M.S./I.S. 206 Ann Mersereau on Aqueduct Avenue and from the High School of American Studies at Lehman College. The education that he gained at these schools paved the way for his future academic success at Skidmore College and Thomas Jefferson Law School. As a result, he has first-hand experience about the transformative impact that a quality education can have on a person and their family, and he believes that every child deserves a similar experience.
IF ELECTED, RANDY ABREU WILL...
- Fight for Increased funding for Bronx Public Schools, especially in science, math and technology classes needed for 21st century jobs;
- Strive for 100% digital literacy in our communities and implemenet “Coding as a Second Language” initiatives;
- Establish vocational educational programs to give all kids a chance for well-paying jobs and careers;
- Expand after-school programs to keep our kids on the right track and out of harm's way;
- Provide students with greater access to resources, such as additional guidance counselors and college advisors, in matters relating to higher education;
- Work to end the school-to-prison pipeline and policies that push our kids from the classroom and into the criminal justice system.